As sliding door systems continue to gain popularity in commercial construction, they also show consistent progression in their style and functional capabilities. New features are always being added, giving architects and designers the opportunity to provide their clients with the latest and greatest technology meant to enhance professional environments. One of the fastest growing trends in healthcare and corporate office design involves the installation of self-closing sliding doors. These products offer all the same benefits as standard sliding door systems with the addition of self-close efficiency.
As an industry-leading supplier of commercial sliding doors, AD Systems understands how to meet the unique needs of medical and office design projects. This includes making self-closing sliding doors part of their extensive line of products. With either of the company’s Examslide™ or Officeslide™ door options, clients have the ability to add the self-close mechanism for improved performance.
What Are Self-Closing Sliding Doors?
Self-closing sliding doors are designed specifically to close on their own without the use of any manual force. They are created when self-close hardware is installed in the frame of a sliding door system. Once a door has been opened, the self-closers are activated and will close the door automatically.
How Self-Closing Sliding Door Systems Benefit Healthcare & Office Designs
The Examslide™ and Officeslide™ top-hung systems offered by AD Systems are heavy-duty and durable. They save facilities up to 30 square feet of valuable floor space for each doorway, compared to swinging doors, and come in a wide variety of sizes, configurations, and style options. Both can be easily turned into self-closing sliding doors to provide healthcare and office environments with even more benefits, such as:
- Greater Accessibility: The wide passageway of sliding doors combined with self-close hardware allows for greater accessibility. This is important in public buildings where ADA compliance must be addressed, allowing disabled people to maneuver through doorways without any hindrances. Self-closers eliminate the need for an occupant to close a door behind them.
- Noise Reduction: Simply adding the self-close feature will prevent doors from slamming shut and eliminates the accompanying noise. It will also ensure that doors completely close after someone has entered or exited a room, thus, protecting privacy and cutting out noisy distractions.
- Cleaner, More Hygienic Spaces: Medical facilities and offices harbor a good amount of germs, which typically get passed around from one area to the next. This germ transfer is minimized when self-closing sliding doors are installed. There is no need to touch a closure device, thus no bacteria is left to be passed to the next person. Since doors don’t stay open for any length of time, it decreases the chance for airborne bacteria to be exchanged between two spaces.
- Air Infiltration: Self-closing doors (particularly when accompanied by AD Systems’ optional bottom seals) limit the air transfer between two spaces making these doors a good potential solution for clean rooms or similar types of spaces.
- Smoke rated applications: AD Systems offers UL 1784 smoke rated assemblies and can accommodate self-closing requirements that may be associated.
AD Systems: The Worldwide Leader in Commercial Sliding Door Products
AD Systems has proudly provided the commercial market with door control solutions since 2009, and years of innovation and growth have placed the company far ahead of industry competition. Offering the broadest selection of sliding door systems, they continue to pave the way for architects and designers to make a significant impact in the healthcare and corporate office sectors. Clients have come to rely on AD Systems for their consistency in delivering quality-made, long-lasting products. Regardless of a project’s size or specifications, they will help find the perfect self-closing sliding doors for every application.